• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sager 5791 camera driver / unknown device issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sager 5791 camera driver / unknown device issue

Hello,

I recently purchased a Sager 5791. I have loaded XP pro on the system and installed all of the drivers off the disk but am having a couple problems. When I try to access the BisonCam program, I get an error message saying the module must be enabled. It was enabled so I checked device manager and found there is an error code on the this under imaging devices stating "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupt or missing (code 39)". There is also a detected "unknown", but I have no idea what this is or how to find out. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, but this didn't help.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

By TheChris2233[/img]

Please contact technical support @ 1-800-741-2219

Comment

Just a quick thought, have you tried enabling the webcam by pressing Fn key and F10? ( Fn+F11)
      Personal Quote :
      Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
      Your laptop will always lag next to her
      I would configure her with bigger...
      Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Please contact technical support @ 1-888-741-2219
        Ok, will do the first thing tomorrow. Thanks

Comment

Hello there, Same problem

Dear people,
          I have a clevo 570RU notebook and i formated the hard disk to do a clean install of windows XP Pro and i have everything working except the Bisoncam , that gives me the same error messagge as Chris mentioned here. I do not have the problem with the unknown device i managed to solved that, but i cannot manage to solve the Bison cam problem!
          Can anyone guide me for a solution please?

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Comment

Have you downloaded the driver from Sager website? http://64.208.175.44/pages/notebooks...oductType=5791

Also,make sure that the camera is enabled, by pressing Fn + F10.
            If all else fails, try contacting XoticPc support at 1-800-741-2219
            Personal Quote :
            Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Bisoncam problem

Hello again. Tried to format and reinstall the drivers in the correct order like the number in the folder name suggest and i get the same problem. I did that first with Sager drivers , the next format with Clevo drivers i downloaded from their website and i gt the same problem.
              Yesterday i reformatted the partition where the XP os is located and installed XP Pro and installed the drivers shipped with my laptop in a cd, also Chris that started this blog here send me Sager's install order for the devices, which is the exact way i am installing everything and doing each time when i am asked a reboot to the system. Everything is working fine now, no Bisoncam problem. I wanted to use the Sager drivers cause from the date they seem to be newer so wanted to have everything up to date. I am really afraid now to change something in case something might not work. If you have any clue what that might be with the Bisoncan so i know the next time i need to reformat my partition i would be gladly to keep it in mind.
              Thank you all guys for your help

Comment

My bison cam is working fine, but I've had an 'unknown device' for a month. Still have no idea what it might be.

Comment

Could you post an attachment of the unrecognized item?
                  Personal Quote :
                  Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Unknown Device info

Dear jester,

I had the same problem with my Clevo 570RU and it was the CIR driver. Try to go to Program Files and locate the "ITECIR" folder, then find a file called "DPInst" and double click on it and after that the unknown device will be gone :-)
                    You must first install the CIR driver though.
                    Hope it helps buddy cause i had the same problem also and was looking for a solution for 2-3 days.

Comment

Working...
                    X