• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invalid System Disk Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid System Disk Error

Hi. By the way, amazing site! Glad to be making my first post on this site! I got my new Sager NP 5791 today as a gift from my employers. We chose the option of having no software installed as I have a legal Windows XP Pro SP2 copy.

Problem: Whenever laptop boots, it says:
    "Invalid system disk
    Replace the disk, and then press any key"

To have the CD/DVD-ROM have boot priority I tried changing the boot order to
    1.IDE CD: TSSTcoropCD/DVDW
    2. IDE HDD: ST9160823AS

I know that my windows xp cd works 100%. I just dont know what else to do. How do I get an operating system installed?
    This is URGENT! I need this for my presentation coming up! Thanks.

Hello, we are sorry to hear of this problem. As long as the CD Drive is set to the 1st boot device and seen in bios the system will boot to any bootable CD. We recommend trying another CD as it appears this CD may be flawed.

Is this CD a original Miscrosoft CD directly from Microsoft?
    Justin Nolte
    [email protected]
    http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

On a desktop. that error would mean that there is a floppy disk inserted, which is not a system disk. Also, perhaps you have not enabled SATA in BIOS. Some versions of XP do not recognize the HDD if it is on SATA.
      If you do not know how, just google installing XP on notebook SATA drives.
      Personal Quote :
      Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
      Your laptop will always lag next to her
      I would configure her with bigger...
      Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Working...
      X