• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fn button and number pad on Sager NP2090

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fn button and number pad on Sager NP2090

Hi, I'm having trouble using the fn button in combination with the keys designated for the number pad on this laptop's keyboard. With other buttons which are indicated to have a secondary function with blue text on the key, such as volume, press this fn button and the other button produce the desired function, but doing this for the number keys, such as "J, K, L" and which represent "1, 2, 3" respectively does not produce those characters. If I enable NumLock, then press only "J, K, L", the appropriate numbers are produced in software. How can I use the fn key combination with the number pad to produce numbers?

In addition, what do the icons on the F2 and F3 keys represent?

The numlock must be enabled before you can use the number pad. To use the primary function of a dual-function key when the numeric keypad is enabled, press "fn" and the desired key.

Fn stands for function.
    F1 = Sleep
    F2 = Wireless/Bluetooth On/Off
    F3 = To enable this function, you need to install Wireless Select Switch. Switches Display Mode (LCD > CRT > TV > LCD + CRT
    Simultaneous > LCD+TV Simultaneous). Switches the video image
    to the next display or both displays simultaneously.
    F4 = Brightness Down
    F5 = Brightness Up
    F6 = Mute
    F7 = Audio Volume Down
    F8 = Audio Volume Up
    F9 = Play/Pause
    F10 = Stop
    F11 = Fast Rewind
    F12 = Fast Forward

Comment

Working...
    X