• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corrupted downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupted downloads

I just installed Vista Ultimate 64bit on my Sager NP2090. I've been using it for the past few hours and everything I download from the internet is corrupted. Firefox, various drivers, iTunes, Aol Instant Messenger are some of the programs I've tried that have all failed.

It's usually the setup file that notifies me that the file is corrupted. This happens only with files that I download, files that I have on an external hard drive work with no issues. I've tried a portable version of Firefox that I had on a USB drive which gives the same corruption issues when I download files, the software itself works fine because it was not downloaded.

Now, I realized that Internet Explorer crashes every time I open it, but if I run the Internet Explorer (64 bit) link in the start menu instead, I'm able to access the program with the same problems described above.

The error I get when I try to run the standard Internet Explorer is the following:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: iexplore.exe
    Application Version: 7.0.6000.16386
    Application Timestamp: 4549b133
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_ac78
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
    Exception Code: 4000001f
    Exception Offset: 036075ba
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: ac78
    Additional Information 2: 6cdc5bacfa536e60231e05f2acbd856a
    Additional Information 3: d9ca
    Additional Information 4: df2e6e40212a6d6b28844e8393cfd12d

Comment

Sounds like there is an issue with your browsers, you may have either a bad addon or a virus. Try the following :
      Go to Internet Options.
      1. Click Tools - Manage Add-ons - Enable or Disable Add-ons
      2. Highlight and Disable a add-on, one at a time, and test to see if it works
      3. Just Enable the add-on back if that was not the one causing the problem.

If that does not work, try resetting the configuration :
      1. Click Internet Options.
      2. Click Advanced tab.
      3. Click Reset button,then Ok.

There may also be a problem with Adobe Flash Player try uninstalling it and see if it does anything and then try the newest version.from here http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash

Let me know if it works.
      Personal Quote :
      Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
      Your laptop will always lag next to her
      I would configure her with bigger...
      Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Resetting everything in Internet Explorer fixed the issue with the 32bit version of the program, so both links work now.

However, the original problem with the corrupted downloads remains unsolved. I do not think that this issue is caused by a bad addon or a virus because this issue existed immediately after a clean install of the operating system.

I managed to salvage a torrent and torrent program from the external drive, and I can confirm that downloading from a torrent does not result in corrupted files. Also, windows update has a lot of failures as well, and I'm assuming that it fails for the same unknown reason as the other failures.

Comment

It might also be a .NET framework issue with microsoft. Try acquiring the newest versions for the program,and if you can't download it on your computer,get it somewhere else and try it .
          I've heard of cases where this actually fixed the corrupted downloads issue.Hope it works for you also.
          And try Moziila or Opera also,in the same method.
          Personal Quote :
          Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

I'll use a friend's computer to download the .NET framework setups. Just to make sure, is this the file I need?
            Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Redistributable Package
            http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Also,I shouldn't need to worry about the 2.0 and 1.1 versions of the .Net framework, correct?

Comment

The newer the better. However, you might try installing 1.1 first,since a lot of programs require it.
              Good Luck.
              Personal Quote :
              Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

I tried launching the setup and I eventually get an error that says, "You must use 'Turn Windows features on or off' in the Control Panel to install or configure Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 x64." When I go there, the window is empty; there are no feature at all displayed in the dialog.

Maybe support over the phone would be better for this issue. What number can I call to reach technical support? I tried calling 1-877-645-9311, which doesn't work at all because I get a message saying that the number is invalid, and 1-800-741-2219, which gives me an answering machine. I'm concerned about the availability of technical support over the phone. It makes me question XoticPC's reputation when two technical support numbers fail to even pick up, yet there is nothing wrong with the sales number.

Comment

If you are using Vista 64 , I know of that issue when installing. I found a sollution here http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php...66&postcount=2
                  If that does not help, I will send you the updated files myself.
                  Also, technical support if very important for XoticPc , but you must understand that there are a lot of people using that line, and you must be pacient until a real person answers.Before that, try the sollution from above.
                  Cheers
                  Personal Quote :
                  Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

While doing some more searching I found these articles
                    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;929833
                    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;928228

Using sfc /scannow indicates that I'm having issues and that they cannot be fixed by the utility. I'm not sure if these errors are related to the .NET Framework, but I have included the contents of the log at the end of the post.

This post suggests using the Vista dvd to install the operating system as an upgrade, and it seems that it was successful in that case. So, I will be doing this shortly after I finish writing this post.
                    http://www.vistax64.com/vista-perfor...tml#post407166

For some reason the original error in the .NET Framework 3.0 setup no longer appears, and I get a File is corrupt message instead. I'm not sure why it is corrupt as I downloaded it from another computer and transferred via usb drive, but I will try this again. Also, should I follow the instructions in that link exactly, or should I apply them to .NET Framework 3.0?

Code:
                    2007-11-13 04:11:39, Info                  CSI    0000001b [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:32{16}]"bootmgfw.efi.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-BootEnvironment-Core-BootManager-EFI.Resources, Version = 6.0.6000.16386, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture = [l:10{5}]"tr-TR", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
                    2007-11-13 04:11:43, Info                  CSI    00000025 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"certmgr.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-CertificateManagerSnapinDLL, Version = 6.0.6000.16386, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
                    2007-11-13 04:11:44, Info                  CSI    00000027 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"certmgr.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-CertificateManagerSnapinDLL, Version = 6.0.6000.16386, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
                    2007-11-13 04:11:58, Info                  CSI    00000056 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:32{16}]"bootmgfw.efi.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-Deployment-Services-Boot-Files-x64.Resources, Version = 6.0.6000.16386, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture = [l:10{5}]"tr-TR", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
                    2007-11-13 04:11:58, Info                  CSI    00000058 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:32{16}]"bootmgfw.efi.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-Deployment-Services-Boot-Files-x64.Resources, Version = 6.0.6000.16386, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture = [l:10{5}]"tr-TR", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
                    2007-11-13 04:12:46, Info                  CSI    00000081 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:32{16}]"bootmgfw.efi.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-BootEnvironment-Core-BootManager-EFI.Resources, Version = 6.0.6000.16386, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture = [l:10{5}]"tr-TR", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
                    2007-11-13 04:12:49, Info                  CSI    0000008b [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"certmgr.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-CertificateManagerSnapinDLL, Version = 6.0.6000.16386, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
                    2007-11-13 04:12:50, Info                  CSI    0000008d [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"certmgr.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-CertificateManagerSnapinDLL, Version = 6.0.6000.16386, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
                    2007-11-13 04:13:01, Info                  CSI    000000bc [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"IMJPZP.DIC" of Microsoft-Windows-Desktop_Technologies-Text_Input_Services-IME-Japanese-ZipCodeDictionary, Version = 6.0.6000.16386, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
                    2007-11-13 04:13:01, Info                  CSI    000000be [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:32{16}]"bootmgfw.efi.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-Deployment-Services-Boot-Files-x64.Resources, Version = 6.0.6000.16386, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture = [l:10{5}]"tr-TR", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
                    2007-11-13 04:13:02, Info                  CSI    000000c0 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:32{16}]"bootmgfw.efi.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-Deployment-Services-Boot-Files-x64.Resources, Version = 6.0.6000.16386, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture = [l:10{5}]"tr-TR", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch

Comment

Follow the insructions exactly. I had the same issue with NetFrame and it worked by doing what the instructions told me
                      Also, if it does not work, you should try installing Vista as an upgrade,and post your results.
                      Good luck
                      Personal Quote :
                      Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Installing vista as an upgrade failed. It gave a message saying it could not be upgraded some time into the install. I'll try the instructions for .net framework 1.1 and see what happens. Do you think I should just start over with a clean install of vista?

Comment

If the Net Frame fails...yes, I definitely think you should do a clean , no network instal of Vista and see if that clears it up. It sounds like a software issue,but I can't figure out just yet which one it might be.
                          Personal Quote :
                          Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

I did a completely clean install of Vista. Immediately after reaching my desktop I plugged the ethernet cable in, downloaded a setup file, and found that the corruption issue still exists.

During the install, I noticed that the computer froze on a blue screen with memory parity error of some sort. The installation continued after I turned the computer off then on.

Comment

I took the hint from the error about the ram and ran a memory diagnostic using the tool from vista. I removed one of the DIMMs and everything seems to be working now, so the one I removed might be faulty. I'm going to do some more tests on the one I removed to see if the problem is with that DIMM for sure. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                              X