• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lines on LCD - educate me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lines on LCD - educate me

I'm not terribly laptop savvy, but I had a question regarding LCD displays.

On my new np9261 I can see faint horizontal lines that, if you watch carefully, seem to scroll vertically up the screen. Is this normal for a laptop? It's not a glitch from the GPU or anything like that, it's visible in all apps and is really only noticeable if you think about it. Also, I've got a blue/dead pixel right-center on my screen. Yay.

Yes,you need to upgrade to the newest video card drivers possible. I experienced the same problem right until I updated the video drivers. Right now I have the 169.04 version from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers/vista64
    I highly recommend both the upgrade and the site
    Are you sure it is a dead pixel and not a stuck one ? I am asking since stuck pixels can be fixed,whereas dead pixels cannot.
    Personal Quote :
    Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
    Your laptop will always lag next to her
    I would configure her with bigger...
    Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

It's blue, so I'm guessing it is a stuck pixel? I'm running UDPixel right now in hopes that will correct, I'll give it a couple hours.

I checked my drivers through SagerNotebook.com, it seems the driver I have is for the 8700M, Vista 64. I'll switch to the 7950GTX driver and see if that fixes the problem.

Comment

I'm downloading version 169.09 from that site you recommended...question is, do I go with that one, or the one from the Sager site? The version numbers are a bit confusing...

Comment

I am running the newest driver from the site I recommended and it added some performance to the GPU, got me an extra 10 FPS in Crysis.. So yea, go with that one.
          If it's a blue pixel, it might be stuck. Good idea in running that program, hope it clears it out for you.
          Cheers
          Personal Quote :
          Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Grrr, downloaded 169.09, but I keep getting a 404 error whenever I try to dload the associated INF file. Guess I'll keep trying.

Comment

Go with 169.04 driver , which has an INF already. It says that on the main page
              http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/
              Personal Quote :
              Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Yeah, it'd help if I read the main page...lol. Sorry, I'm in a huge rush, I'm still packing for overseas and trying to get this laptop running in top shape, all at the same time. Now if Sager would just hurry up and get me that replacement fan...

Thanks for help bud.

EDIT: I went with the 169.02 version for Vista 64, it seems the 169.04 version is not available.

Comment

The problem is still there...it's odd, it's like it comes and goes. Removing it from AC power doesn't change it, either. It's happening at the moment, but it wasn't doing it about 2 minutes ago. Very odd. I'll update to .09 when the NIF is available I guess, see what happens.

Comment

That is due to different names for the same thing. I have the 163.44 from this exact page. A few others appeared in the meantime : http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers/vista64
                    You might try the top one, since it includes an INF file also.
                    Personal Quote :
                    Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Alright, I'm trying the top one...see if that fixes things.

Comment

IT'S NOT WORKING!

Updated to version 169.09 and I STILL have the same problem. These damn lines keep coming back...it'll go away for awhile, but it always comes back. It occurs on both AC and battery power. Is it a CPU issue? It doesn't seem like a power issue. I'm getting fed up with this computer, it's one issue after another since I took it out of the box.

Comment

Please contact our 24/7 Support and they can assist you with this. 1-(877) 645-9311
                          Justin Nolte
                          [email protected]
                          http://www.xoticpc.com

Comment

"WidowPC pit crew has been temporarily suspended". I guess tech support is in the bathroom.

Anyway, I've been playing around with it. It seems like the lines now only appear whenever an application is running or when a window is initially opened, minimized, or closed. Right now, as I type, it's fine. But if I access a folder, the lines appear briefly then go away. I play a game, the lines are a constant.

Comment

Well , as I recall, I had the problem, and after that updated the video drivers, some Vista based KB upgrades ,NetFrame and performed a full system scan with the Windows Error Checking utility .
                              Personal Quote :
                              Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Working...
                              X