• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't get my NP5760 to start in Safe Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get my NP5760 to start in Safe Mode

I tried to start my NP5760 on safe mode in order to update my video drivers but when I restart my laptop and click F8 or any button on the laptop's keyboard or my external keyboard the laptop freezes.

But if I click a button to open up the BIOS window during the Sager loading screen I can access the BIOS window and once vista's loaded I can use the keyboard ok but not during that period between the Sager screen and the Vista loading bar.

I think this might just be a vista thing?

Also when the laptop shuts down improperly and I get the option to start windows normally, in safe mode, etc.. I can't move the selection or click enter, I have to wait the 30s in order for it to automatically start normally.

any help greatly appreciated. I don't really need to update the drivers but would like to be able to get into safe mode if I'd need to someday.
    Eddie

Please contact our technical support department:

1-877-645-9311 24/7 Domestic Tech Support
    1-800-741-2219 Mon-Fri 7:30-5:30 PST

Comment

Working...
    X