• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NP5791 7950 gtx Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP5791 7950 gtx Drivers

I ordered a NP5791 yesterday with the 7950gtx video card.

I went over to to the Nvidia page just to see which version drivers were the latest and found that they don't have specific drivers for the 7950 gtx go.

Does this mean that the drivers that will ship with my system won't be the optimal ones because nvidia themselves don't offer them?

I know that Sager has the Vista 32 bit nvidia driver on their website, but those are from August. Does Nvidia simply not support the 7950 gtx go on vista yet?

The laptop will come with all drivers installed. Nvidia updates their drivers rather slow, whereas sites like http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ has them on a regular basis. Also, you can use www.forum.notebookreview.com and search for topic regarding the 16X.XX drivers,meaning 164, 169 etc and where you could find alternate download sites.
    The sager supplied driver is ok,but for newer games you need at leat 164.04(5) for vista to get a better performance.
    Personal Quote :
    Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
    Your laptop will always lag next to her
    I would configure her with bigger...
    Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

laptopvideo2go is down....

They would normally have the exact drivers i would need? Any other sites I could look to for the correct drivers because even notebook review only points to laptopvideo.

Also i noticed on sager notebooks that they aren't offering the 7950gtx on the 5791 direct from them? This isn't going to affect my order, will it?

Comment

Working...
      X