• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2090 Fingerprint software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2090 Fingerprint software

Okay, so i searched around on forum.notebookreview.com but couldn't find any good info. The fingerprint sofware on teh 2090 is a HOG. When running i believe it is called pqsl(something).exe(it's not running right now, I had to kill it). Anyways it with throttle the CPU sometimes and utilize easily 50% of the CPU and starting taking up RAM. When I killed it a second ago it was using 1.3gigs, yes I said GIGs, ram and using ~60% of the CPUs. I kill it and it and processing goes back to normal. So what's the deal?? Any software fix out there. BTW I am on ulimate 64bit. Thanks!
    NP2090
    1680 x 1050 Matte
    2.2 Core 2 Duo
    8600M GT 512Mb DDR?
    160gig 7200Rpm
    4gig 667 RAM
    Vista 64bit Ultimate

Try installing the latest drivers found on Sager's website. If that does not work i recommend contacting technical support at 1-800-741-2219 or 1-877-645-9312

Comment

I had the same issue. When logging with the fingerprint scanner, after a few hours, the application would use all my memory. I`ve noticed this when things started loading and responding awfully slow.
      I`ve uninstalled the driver , installed the latest one from Sager and problem solved.
      Personal Quote :
      Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
      Your laptop will always lag next to her
      I would configure her with bigger...
      Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

sorry to bring it up but on the sager site which driver is it for the fingerprint reader? the chipset one? or touchpad? or another?

Comment

There is a specific fingerprint reader software.
          Scroll down the page and you will find it
          Personal Quote :
          Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
          Your laptop will always lag next to her
          I would configure her with bigger...
          Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

lol sorry but i dont see it...

http://64.208.175.44/pages/notebooks...oductType=2090

please guide me in the right direction..im actually serious lol i feel like a dumb***

edit: ok nvm i went to the compal website instead and found it...

Comment

Working...
            X