• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NP4750 Random Power Offs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP4750 Random Power Offs

I have a NP4750 that I purchased from XotixPC a couple of years ago. Recently, it has been "randomly" powering off on AC power(power lights go out and everything). However, if I unplug the AC adapter (and get the power indicator lights to come on)and plug it back in, I am able to power it back on again.

I know that its time to replace the battery since my battery isnt holding a charge anymore very well. I've even been able to watch it discharge in a matter of minutes if I unplug my AC adapter. I have purchased a replacement battery and will install it in the next few days. However, since it completely loses power, even when the battery is showing a full charge, I am suspecting it is not a battery issue, unless the battery is reporting a false charge.

Is the random powering off a symptom of the power supply failing? Is there a way to replace the power connector that the AC adapter plugs into? I have to giggle/contort the power cord of the AC adapter to get the AC power light to come on most times.

Any ideas?

You can contact our technical support department @ 1-877-645-9312

It sounds like where you plug the power cord into the laptop, that connector may be broken off the board if you have to jiggle it :shock:

Comment

Working...
    X