• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NP5791 7950GTX Bluescreen -> W3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP5791 7950GTX Bluescreen -> W3

When I'm playing my most loved game, Warcraft 3 FT, I got a bluescreen and then the system restarts. The time before the BS comes vary each time, normally is less than 1 hour. I don't thing it's about heating, because I run much more demanding games without this problem (Medieval 2 Total War, WOW and World In Conflict), and the note doesn't really got that hot (I was monitoring the system's temperatures and the only high was the HD with +-50C, cores <30 and other temp +-40).
    Im using XP 32bits and I used the driver coming in a CD with the note 9x.xx and I also tried with the newest 169.09 and got the same Bluescreen.
    I wouldn't like to use the support by telephone since I'm in Brazil and it will cost my eyes, also my english is not that good and then we'll have more problems with missunderstanding.

I would appreciate any kind of help, I can't live without Warcraft 3
    thanks

You may want to test the RAM. A lot of blue screen errors are due to them. Are the RAM purchased with the system or have you upgraded?
    Test the sysm with 1 module, the the other RAM stick.
    Also update chipsed,video and all other drivers from sager`s site.
    www,sagernotebook.com under Support, drivers, and by choosing your specific system.
    It may also be a problem with other devices. Modems have been know to cause errors. Try the game without using the modem and see if there is any change. If there is, the modem might be causing problems.
    Also,as a side note,you may want to patch the game to the newest version.

Please post any other questions and we`ll be happy to assist
    Personal Quote :
    Angelina can make your fps rise faster and faster.
    Your laptop will always lag next to her
    I would configure her with bigger...
    Na, she`s perfect.

Comment

Thx for the assist.

My system still the same as it came. I haven`t upgraded the RAM.
      How can I test my system without the Modem? I didn't installed the modem driver and I don't use it. I'm now trying getting the newest drivers for chipset and other stuff from sager. If it doesn't work I'll try the RAM then.
      My war3 is in the lastest version.

thx

Comment

Working...
      X