• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAGER 5791 Protector Suite QL Fingerprint reader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAGER 5791 Protector Suite QL Fingerprint reader

i received my laptop a few weeks ago and i have been having problems with the fingerprint reader. When i first turn my laptop it takes up a normal amount of memory but eventually it will it will start to take up so much memory that my computer will actually tell that it is low on memory and must shut it down. Is there any way that i can get it to work properly and not take up a lot of memory?

This problem was addressed once before with the NP2090 and I believe the same solution would exist for the NP579x as they are the same fingerprint reader. see the following

http://www.xoticpcforums.com/viewtop...ht=fingerprint

basically a driver update should solve the problem

hope this helps, at least its a place to start
    Sager NP5792
    Alienware M11x-R1
    WUXGA Glossy
    11.6" WXVGA Glossy
    2.4GHz Core 2 Duo
    1.3GHz CULV Core 2 Duo OCed to 1.76GHz
    GeForce 8800GTX
    GeForce GT 335m
    4,096 DDR2 667 Memory
    4,096 DDR3 800 Memory
    200 Gb 7200 RPM SATA 150
    128 Gb GSkill Falcon SSD
    64 bit Vista Home Premium
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

the driver didn't help me so i went ahead and called the sager help line and the guy there told me that he hadn't heard of any sagers having a problem with the fingerprint reader. they said they would get back to me in a couple days and it has been almost a week. any suggestions?

Comment

I would try talking to someone from XoticPc support, They are very helpful and will get back to you quickly (one way or another)
        Sager NP5792
        Alienware M11x-R1
        WUXGA Glossy
        11.6" WXVGA Glossy
        2.4GHz Core 2 Duo
        1.3GHz CULV Core 2 Duo OCed to 1.76GHz
        GeForce 8800GTX
        GeForce GT 335m
        4,096 DDR2 667 Memory
        4,096 DDR3 800 Memory
        200 Gb 7200 RPM SATA 150
        128 Gb GSkill Falcon SSD
        64 bit Vista Home Premium
        Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

I've got the same issue. Mine is a 5793, with vista 64. I just disabled it for now.

Comment

Working...
          X