• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5792 LCD not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5792 LCD not working

I just got my 5792 in the mail today, pull it out of its box, plug it in and hit the power button. I hear the fans power up, the power LED turns green and there is HD activity, but the screen is completly blank. I hooked the computer up to an external LCD and that worked fine so my thought is that the LCD is either broken or not connected somehow. I attempted to call the "24/7 technical support" but became frustrated and gave up after over an hour of waiting on hold. Is there anyway that I can verify that it is connected properly myself without having to send it back. I've waited over a month for this computer, I really don't want to have to deal with shipping it out and waiting for it again...

Try using the function keys on the keyboard (the ones in orange) to turn the brightness up; it might be working but just turned down too low to be visible.

Comment

Please contact our technical support department at: 1-(800) 741-2219 (9AM - 5PM PST) OR 1-(877) 645-9312 (24/7 Domestic Tech Support)

Comment

I am having the same problem. The laptop is gorgeous, and is sturdy. I got it in, but was going to sea the next day so i put vista on and took it with me, but didnt get to play with it. When I got home friday i picked up Call of Duty 4 and started playing it. The screen flickered once, flickered twice then went out completely. Needless to say I was not happy. I rebooted it and it was still dark.. I waited a couple of days to mess with it and hooked it up to an external monitor, and then the laptop screen came on.. I was happy. Tried playing call of duty again and it went out. Hooked up an external monitor again and it completely froze on me.. So i believe the video card is bad.

For XoticPC. Even on Friday at almost 1000 PM EST i was able to get ahold of someone in a couple of minutes.. He said he couldnt help much but put in a service call for today. So thanks for the support, its nice to talk to someone at tech support that speaks english!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X