• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MS-1719: Repeated crashing, can't update BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS-1719: Repeated crashing, can't update BIOS

Hi all,

I have an MS-1719 that crashes frequently. I don't know if I'm being paraniod, but it seems especially prone to crash if the laptop is moved (even slightly.) I eyeballed the internal components that are accessible through the access areas on the bottom of the laptop and nothing seems to be loose or seated wrong.

Trying to remedy this, I have updated all device drivers. Additionally, I've unsuccessfully attempted to update my BIOS (currently using 1.0F, while the most recent from MSI is listed as 1.16.) MSI's flash application errors out with a message that the utility will not work in the 64 bit environment. I'm using the 64 bit version of Vista. Needless to say, I'd like to be able to update my bios, even aside from my crashing issue.

Can anyone offer me some advice on either the crashing or the bios flash issues I've encountered? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Technical Support

Please contact technical support at Tel: 626 581 3001 or 1-(877) 645-9312

Comment

Working...
    X