• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wireless routers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless routers

Not sure if this is where to post this, but I'm looking for a router that I can use to take my laptop anywhere, anyplace, and details on more on how they wrok. Any advice on them would be useful. Looking for a cost effective unit, so links and store info would be great. Thanks in advance.

Troy

I would recommend contacting your cell phone company and purchasing a wireless cellular card for mobile internet.

Comment

Nextel offers a wireless broadband Sat card to insert into your PCMCIA slot on your laptop, for $50.00 a month. My wife has one and it works great for her. More info can be found about it here which is a little bit more unbiased than nextels actual site but here it is..

http://www.equitekcapital.com/Invest...tptvreview.htm

And if youre serious about purchasing one here is the link to that too:

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/en/so...ess_plan.shtml

Now mind you, "Wireless Broadband" is not really an accurate statement, there are many things which can interfere, such as your car stereo being on, the traffic density of your location, and the strength of the signal you are getting at that time. I personally just head over to mcdonalds and use their free wi-fi

Comment

Thank you all! Sounds great, and I have Nextel!

Comment

I currently use at&t... but more important is the hardware

I use the Option Globe Trotter 3.6 Max express card. It works on my NP9262 running Vista64, my old Dell running Vista32, my wife's Mac (Leopard) and most every laptop we have at work.

For adapting from express card/34 to PCMCIA I use the DuelAdapter converter.

Comment

Working...
          X