• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with Audio Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Audio Driver

I recently re-installed Windows XP Pro, due to the fact that my laptop came with a password on the Windows Root Admin........, and I have been unable to get my audio to work. I've installed the Driver that came on the CD several times, and it has not stayed installed.
    Any clue about why this is happening?

Is it onboard audio ? In that case, have you installed chipset drivers ? Are you installing the right drivers for your version of windows ? Did the drivers successfully install ?
    In case of external audio card, use it's drivers.
    Also try drivers from www.sagernotebook.com
    Good luck!

Comment

I've installed the chipset, and literally every other driver that came on the driver CD that came with my Sager 9262.

Hmm.... Would it matter if it wasn't the same SP #? Because I'm using my own copy of XP, and haven't had the time to install SP2 yet.

Comment

I would highly recommend you DO install the windows XP SP2. Then try again. XP SP2 brings in a lot of important updates that people take for granted today, even something as basic as USB 2.0 support.

Comment

Ok, I was talking with my dad, whose been helping me with this, and apparently he had gone ahead and installed SP 2 (or 3, I forget if SP 3 is out, he just said that he had installed the newest service pack) onto my computer while I was out with some friends.
          I just tried installing the driver again, and still to no avail.

Comment

Check the device manager and see if you can spot anything in particular... like an audio device with a yellow icon... indicating it's detected buy having driver issues. In that case, let us know what error is showing up.

Comment

This is what I get in my device manager:

Comment

Originally posted by Mazeura
                This is what I get in my device manager:
                I'm unable to view the image @ imageshack. Please upload elsewhere like www.tinypic.com

Comment

Making sure your firmware and drivers are updated is important, however, it is ALSO important to make sure your system is updated in the proper order.

this is also a good link for drivers that are a little out of the ordinary..
                  http://www.driverheaven.net

hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X