• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with Sager NP5790 (graphics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Sager NP5790 (graphics)

I purchased my Sager Notebook NP5790 from XOTIC PC in late summer before college started. I mainly bought this notebook for the purpose of having a fast well performing notebook that could handle multiple programs at once and be able to handle to latest games. Only lately I have been having trouble running games such as Unreal Tournament 3, Call of Duty 4, and even The Sims 2. Even when the settings are all set to the lowest including resolution it jumps from high frames of 75 to low around 10 constantly while I'm playing games. This seems to happen both online and offline. Also when I run on demand videos off of FOX, NBC, or ABC the streaming feed is laggy and the video is usually slow or blurry. I have no idea where to start looking for the problem or how to fix the unidentified problem.

Here's my rig:
    Sager NP5790 (clevo 570RU)
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU @ 2.40ghz
    4094mb of RAM
    64-bit Operating System Vista Premium
    nVidia GeForce 8700M GT @ 512mb
    Latest nvidia drivers (v.169.12) from laptopvideo2go.com

I would think with stats like these I would be able to run games at high fps. Any suggestions?

Please try (different) updated drivers. Also try the stock drivers

Comment

Try the stock drivers.... and also the 8700GT is kinda weak at high resolutions, but it should be able to deliver at midrange. I'm thinking your drivers are at fault here.
      Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
      17" WUXGA
      Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
      4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
      1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
      500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
      nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
      http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

Working...