• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5793 downclocks unplugged even when set to max performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5793 downclocks unplugged even when set to max performance

Basically it says it all right there i have a NP5793 it downclocks even when i set the battery performance to High performance both the GPU and CPU are cut to HALF. This kind of bothers me as sometimes i dont want to be plugged down when i play games. If i want to save battery ill set it to "power saver" mode. If i want it to run full speed ahead without downclocking ill run high performance. This shouldnt be an issue need help to see if i can get this fixed.

System specs
    Vista HP 64
    X9000 CPU
    8800m GTX
    4GB RAM
    Bios version .08
    Vbios version .14

Try updating your drivers or contacting technical support at 1-(800) 741-2219 (9AM - 5PM PST)

Comment

Sorry to say, I have all drivers updated, but this will happen in any power mode. The solution is to load a game while plugged in and then unplug it afterwards (thats after actually entering the game, not just the menu). I am always plugged in though because the battery life in newer games is very short.
      Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
      17" WUXGA
      Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
      4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
      1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
      500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
      nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
      http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

thanks for the info, i guess its just a mobile issue thing. Doesnt bother much more knowing its pretty much like that for the NP5793

Comment

Working...
        X