• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NP9262 Dead Pixel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP9262 Dead Pixel

Howdy,

I recently recieved my Sager NP9262. Awesome piece of machinery. The only issue is there is one bright red dead pixel about 2" to the right of the center of the screen. It is very noticible and distracting when using a dark background.

I know the dead pixel policy states 0 dead pixels in the "center area". Would the standard warranty/dead pixel policy cover this? I know Sager has the 30 day return policy, but I'd much rather have it fixed then return it for some reason.

Thanks,
    Joe

Try some of the dead pixel remedies in previous threads. They have proven to correct many dead pixel problems such as yours.
    Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
    17" WUXGA
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
    4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
    1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
    500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
    nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
    http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

i wasnt so lucky. those remedies didnt work on mine. but maybe i wasnt pressing hard enough too. lol not about to make it worse or possibly crack the screen. i tried. i can live with 2 little stuck pixels. those DID work for some people though...

Sager np9262: 17" 1920x1200wuxga, E6850 Core2duo 3.0ghz 1.3ghz fsb 4mb L2 cache, 4mb 800mhz ram, 1x nvidia geforce 8800mgtx 512mb gpu, 3x100gb hdd 7200rpm, Raid 0, vista ultimate x64 os, tv tuner, x-fi 7.1 sound card, triple fan cooler, 2.0 webcam
      Sager np9262: 17" 1920x1200wuxga, E6850 Core2duo 3.0ghz 1.3ghz fsb 4mb L2 cache, 4Gb 800mhz ram, 1x nvidia geforce 8800mgtx 512mb gpu, 3x100gb hdd 7200rpm, Raid 0, vista ultimate x64 os, tv tuner, x-fi 7.1 sound card, triple fan cooler, 3Dmark06 9745

Comment

Thank you very much for the suggestions. I tried a bunch of these solutions for several hours last night. Many of the screen flashers and a few of the pixel massaging techniques. No luck yet.

I'll try for a few more hours tonight and see what happens.

If it were a dead pixel and pitch black, I could handle that without any trouble. But a bright red pixel that close to the center of the screen is constantly drawing my eyes to it.

Comment

yeah your situation is different than mine on this issue. well good luck amigo. just be careful not to further damage the lcd. im sure if u keep on experimenting with it u might fix it. laterz..

Sager np9262: 17" 1920x1200wuxga, E6850 Core2duo 3.0ghz 1.3ghz fsb 4mb L2 cache, 4mb 800mhz ram, 1x nvidia geforce 8800mgtx 512mb gpu, 3x100gb hdd 7200rpm, Raid 0, vista ultimate x64 os, tv tuner, x-fi 7.1 sound card, triple fan cooler, 2.0 webcam
          Sager np9262: 17" 1920x1200wuxga, E6850 Core2duo 3.0ghz 1.3ghz fsb 4mb L2 cache, 4Gb 800mhz ram, 1x nvidia geforce 8800mgtx 512mb gpu, 3x100gb hdd 7200rpm, Raid 0, vista ultimate x64 os, tv tuner, x-fi 7.1 sound card, triple fan cooler, 3Dmark06 9745

Comment

I would return it, under the 30 day policy.

Comment

Just thought I'd give a hardy thanks to the guys/gals at xoticpc for helping me out.

I ended up having to return the original machine back to Sager and getting a new one. The nice folks at xotic held my hand the entire way and were very patient with my million and one questions.

The whole process took about 3 weeks from the time I dropped it off at UPS, until I got it back yesterday. Considering I live on the other side of the country as Sager and used UPS ground both ways, I'd say that is pretty darn good.

Anyways, just thought I'd give some props to xotic. Thanks!

Comment

Glad to hear everything has been resolved and fixed for you

FYI, The differences between stuck pixels and dead pixels are listed below

Dead pixel
                A dead pixel is a defective pixel that remains unlit. Dead pixels are usually best seen against a white background. A dead pixel will remain a constant black (absence of light)

Stuck pixel
                A stuck pixel will usually be most visible against a black background, where it will appear red, green, blue, cyan, magenta, or yellow, although stuck red, green, or blue pixels are most common. Each pixel on an LCD monitor is composed of three subpixels, one red, one green, and one blue, which produce the visible color of the pixel by their relative brightness. A stuck pixel results from a manufacturing defect, which leaves one or more of these sub-pixels permanently turned on or off.

Stuck pixels are not guaranteed to be correctable, and can remain faulty for the life of the monitor. A stuck pixel might be fixed with JScreenFix, a Java-based application that flashes numerous colors with a very rapid intensity.

Defective pixels in LCD screens can sometimes be improved by mechanically manipulating the area around a defective pixel by pressing or tapping. This can help to evenly distribute the oil inside the screen, but it can also damage the screen.

Stuck versus dead pixels
                Stuck pixels are often incorrectly referred to as dead pixels, which have a similar appearance. In a dead pixel, all three sub-pixels are permanently off, producing a permanently black pixel. Dead pixels can result from similar manufacturing anomalies as stuck pixels, but may also occur from a non-functioning transistor resulting in complete lack of power to the pixel. Dead pixels are much less likely to correct themselves over time or repaired through any of several popular methods.

Stuck pixels, unlike dead pixels, have been reported to disappear, and there are several popular methods purported to fix them, such as gently rubbing the screen (in an attempt to reset the pixel), cycling the color value of the stuck pixel rapidly (in other words, flashing bright colors on the screen,) or simply tolerating the stuck pixel until it disappears (which can take anywhere from a day to years.) While these methods can work on some stuck pixels others cannot be fixed by the above methods. Also some stuck pixels will reappear after being fixed if the screen is left off for several hours.
                Reference

Comment

Stuck with a Pixel (You can't get rid of)

I just got my 9262 in a few days ago and noticed it does have a stuck pixel, which is annoying considering the money plunked down on this thing. But, I ran some of these programs and was able to seemingly shrink the pixel so now its a lot smaller and hardly noticeable. I will try again later to completely eradicate it, but if it doesn't go away, its not that big a deal. I can live with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X