• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Scary Blue Screen - Anyone Else using Razer Lachesis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Scary Blue Screen - Anyone Else using Razer Lachesis?

Just installed a Razer Lachesis mouse...updated to firmware version 1.64...about five minutes later on a right click w/ the mouse, I got a VERY SCARY blue screen, saying there was a registry problem and that the issues was a USB port (I'm assuming the one the Razer was plugged into). Then on the restart (automated) it didn't 'find' my desktop in the registry and things were whacked out....I shut down and restarted and everything is okay now...

...but my question...is this a sign of a serious problem w/ my lappy? What can I do to figure out what happened and am I on the verge of a breakdown w/ this new machine? Just a question I guess...fear is all...I'm using the Razer now and no problem...it's just that Blue Screens SCARE the living heck out of me!

Lappy specs in sig...

thanks for any insight!

later,
    pat!
    Sager 9262 by XoticPC-17" WUXGA 1920x1200; Core 2 Quad Q6700, 8 MB Cache, 2.66; 4 GB RAM; 2x GeForce 8800mGTX SLi; Raid 5; 3-200 GB HD, 7200 RPM, 16 MB; Vista Ultimate; 2.0 cam; TV Tuner; Built in Creative Sound+X-Fi 7.1 Card; Painted/personalized!

I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it happens constantly. I think I got a blue screen one time, but I just restarted and everything was fine. Not too sure what causes this to happen, technology is always acting up :? . If anyone else knows anything I am sure they will let you know.
    Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
    17" WUXGA
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
    4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
    1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
    500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
    nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
    http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

thanks ocg! that puts my mind at ease a bit...it hasn't happened since!

later,
      pat!
      Sager 9262 by XoticPC-17" WUXGA 1920x1200; Core 2 Quad Q6700, 8 MB Cache, 2.66; 4 GB RAM; 2x GeForce 8800mGTX SLi; Raid 5; 3-200 GB HD, 7200 RPM, 16 MB; Vista Ultimate; 2.0 cam; TV Tuner; Built in Creative Sound+X-Fi 7.1 Card; Painted/personalized!

Comment

I have a Razer Copperhead, and although I do not get a BSoD, my lappy and it don't like to play nice with each other at times. Most annoying is a disappearing mouse pointer when playing Guild Wars and various other nuisances regarding inconsistent pointer speed and DPI issues. Razer, last I checked doesn't have any Vista drivers out for the Copperhead (or the Tarantula KB, for that matter) so I used the 64bit XP drivers, which, although not the best solution, at least solved a mojority of the probs. I believe it to be a Vista prob, it may also be related the vid driver, since my problems didn't start appearing until I had SLi running, which may or may not be conincidental. I'm thinking about just getting me a wireless USB mouse and be done with it, though.

To make a long story short, it's not only the Lachesis that causes probs, or so it seems... I wish Razer would get a clue and release some Vista drivers, because running the hardware without its utility software is more than a pain...
        Last edited by TraNceD.gURL; 05-05-2008, 12:17 PM.
        Proud Mom of a:
        SAGER NP9262
        Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6700 2.66GHz
        nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 512MB x2 SLi config
        4,096MB DDR2 800
        RAIDed 3x200MB SATA2 7200RPM HDDs
        8x8x6x4x DVD +/-R/RW 5x DVD-RAM 24x CD-R/RW
        Vista Ultimate 64-bit & RH Linux ES 5 dual boot

Comment

just as an addendum, it has NOT happened again...so who knows...been a while, so maybe i'm in the clear!

pat!

Comment

I'll add something to this, too. I got myself a BT mousey and no more probs here either. Heh! Plus I don't have any more crap hanging off the side of my lappy. Only one loney USB plug that powers the cooler. Way sweet.
            Proud Mom of a:
            SAGER NP9262
            Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6700 2.66GHz
            nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 512MB x2 SLi config
            4,096MB DDR2 800
            RAIDed 3x200MB SATA2 7200RPM HDDs
            8x8x6x4x DVD +/-R/RW 5x DVD-RAM 24x CD-R/RW
            Vista Ultimate 64-bit & RH Linux ES 5 dual boot

Comment

Working...
            X