• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Hot is too Hot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Hot is too Hot?

I just received my NP5793 the other day (I love this Laptop!) and have been busy installing the OS and all the updates.

The first night when I was packing it up, I had the power brick lying on the bed and when I picked it up it was extremely hot! I had to lay it in my leather chair, because I was afraid to lay it on any other material. I wasnít doing any gaming at all, just simple downloads and installs. I havenít tried my car adapter yet but I just wanted to check, what I should do next? This canít be normal, or is it? :?

My brick gets pretty roasty when I'm into heavy graphics applications. It's a 6 amp powersupply where most little laptops take a 1.5 amp-2 amp or something like that. I wouldn't say it gets ridiculous though. Just "something above really, really warm" is what I find typical.
    System:||SagerNP5793||T9300,2.5ghz.C2D||1920x1200, 512mb.nVidiaQuadro:FX1600M||
    Memory:||4,096mbDDR2667mhz||1gb Robson Turbo||200gb,7200,SATAii.16mb||2gb,SD.cache||

Comment

It gets hot yes, but not hot enough to melt anything or burn the skin. I always have mine on a hard wood surface, but smooth carpet surfaces aren't anything to worry about. I would just try and keep it off of extremely flamable materials.... just to be safe.
      Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
      17" WUXGA
      Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
      4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
      1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
      500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
      nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
      http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

Working...