• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tv tuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tv tuner

im haveing an isue setting up my tv tuner for MCE in vista ultimate. when i select the united states as the region it tells me its not supported. any help would be great!!!!
    soon to have np9850 , q9000 , 4 gigs of ddr 3 at 1333mhz, duel NVIDIA 280m , duel 60 gig ssd's in raid 0 and 250 gig back up!!!!!!

I would recommend contacting technical support for assistance on this matter at 1-(800) 741-2219 (9AM - 5PM PST) OR 1-(877) 645-9312 (24/7 Domestic Tech Support)

Comment

called tech support. they where real friendly but cant help till monday. But just for the heck of it i decided to reinstall the driver disc. fixed that problem. then i couldnt receive a signal. popped the lappy open and what did i find? they didnt plug the cable in to the add-on card when they did the upgrade. owell problem solved .
      soon to have np9850 , q9000 , 4 gigs of ddr 3 at 1333mhz, duel NVIDIA 280m , duel 60 gig ssd's in raid 0 and 250 gig back up!!!!!!

Comment

TV cards

some TV card discussion (suitable also here)
        another PCIe HW view

Comment

I have the same problem. In Windows Vista, Windows media center tells me that the tuner hardware does not support the TV format for my region (tried Us and Canada). you need to install different tuner hardware.

I also run Windows XP. I get all the TV channels but the image is quite bad (snowy), sound is ok but not synchronized with image.

I tried reinstalling MCE encoder, Tuner driver, but no difference.

Talked to Sager tech support. they think it is software related, and asked to reinstall everything. no success.

What next?

Comment

found this on the net
            http://www.mainconcept.com/site/index.php?id=17773

when i use this encoder, media center finds new hardware and goes through the whole setup.
            but the image is still very poor quality

Comment

Working...
            X