• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disabling the Touchpad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling the Touchpad

Is there a way to temporarily disable the Elantech touch pad on a Force 3298? Just bought it last month and there seems to be no way to disable the touch pad. Tried every thing I could think of and no luck.

I've never tried to do this, but the only thing that I can think of is to try to uninstall the driver for the touch pad, but I don't think that you can do that.

You could put something over top of the touch pad, like a thing sheet of plastic of something, and tap it onto your laptop that should prevent the touch pad from registering your fingers.

Maybe Justin knows of a better way, but I bet that you could cover the touch pad and it wouldn't move the mouse when you brush your hand over it. I'll look on Google and see if I can find anything.

Ah, Ha!
    Google is my best friend:
    http://fivepointsome1.blogspot.com/2...in-laptop.html

Comment

Working...
    X