• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLI - Left me in a lurch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLI - Left me in a lurch

SLI was supposed to be so easy to self install. Easy to install, but no good with a computer that no longer seems to have an OS!
    New SLI - new bios - call Microsoft & reactivate. Sounded so easy.
    Put the card in - ran bios boot disk and installed new bios. Booted up and got message of no operating system. What now? I put in the 64 bit recovery disk and all it wanted to do was reinstall Windows. If I had known I was going to lose my computer (hopefully only temp) I would not have done this. I am so screwed tomorrow. Next time ya'll come up with some upgrade like this, make sure you take it through the directions step by step right to the point where the end user is running windows again!

I need some help!

I would recommend contacting technical support at 1-(800) 741-2219 (9AM - 5PM PST) OR 1-(877) 645-9312 (24/7 Domestic Tech Support) for help on solving this problem. If you had a raid setup and you did a bios update. That bios update would have erased the raid setup. Which is why your system would say there is no operating system installed.

Comment

no need to fret whitshadowen...i mysteriously wiped out my os after i get my new 9262...due to user error of coarse. lol after a little posting in the forums and tech support from xotic i was back on track fast. where are u at on the re-install? what probs are you having right now? i will walk you through it if u need the help amigo. pm me or im me. GIT ER DONE!! as u read this maybe u already fixed the os problem. either way let us know plz. thanx. laterz....
      Sager np9262: 17" 1920x1200wuxga, E6850 Core2duo 3.0ghz 1.3ghz fsb 4mb L2 cache, 4Gb 800mhz ram, 1x nvidia geforce 8800mgtx 512mb gpu, 3x100gb hdd 7200rpm, Raid 0, vista ultimate x64 os, tv tuner, x-fi 7.1 sound card, triple fan cooler, 3Dmark06 9745

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        I would recommend contacting technical support at 1-(800) 741-2219 (9AM - 5PM PST) OR 1-(877) 645-9312 (24/7 Domestic Tech Support) for help on solving this problem. If you had a raid setup and you did a bios update. That bios update would have erased the raid setup. Which is why your system would say there is no operating system installed.
        Thanks Justin. That's what it was. Working fine now. I will probably still give Tech a call pretty soon. I have a few driver issues on camera / card readers. Looking at some other threads, I can probably resolve them just by loading drivers. I do have a problem with the DVD drive. Terrible vibrations - I just have it disabled right now. But will need to resolve it eventually. I'm all about work right now, but hopefully play is around the corner.

Comment

Working...
        X