• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Liquidesque Filling on Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Liquidesque Filling on Screen

This is about the 3rd time this has happened. My NP9262 is apprx. one month old.

When too much processing was going on or while I was playing Diablo 2, it seems like a red rectangle-shaped liquid filled the screen, the size of say the xotic banner up above. Its always in the same spot, the top left section. Everything freezes and then the PC reboots or I have to manually shut it off. It freaks me out. Like something out of "The Lawnmower Man". Everything is OK now, I've scandisked, defragged, etc.

Anybody know what it might be? I suppose I'll just have to be real careful henceforth.

I know the processor gets really hot when playing diablo2 which is kinda strange when its such a old game

My friend was playing D2 last month for a couple of hours and then the pc just turned off and he couldnt reboot it. You should check ur cpu use while playing D2, my friend talked about he had 100% cpu use by just playing D2

Could be some error in the game with the quadcores.

Comment

OK, cool, that could be it. (I have a dual core). I up the PC fan and also my notebook cooler w/ 3 fans.

Thanks.

Comment

I have heard of lots of problems with old games and multiple cores.... I would do some research and maybe you will be able to find a fix.
        Sager NP5792

Microsoft Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
        17" WUXGA
        Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4GHz
        4 GB DDR2 667 RAM
        1 GB Intel Robson Turbo Memory
        500 GB 7200RPM Seagate Momentus HD
        nVidia GeForce 8800M GTX 512MB GDDR3

FORUM TROLL 4 LIFE
        http://teamamerimixwcg.blogspot.com/...online_05.html

Comment

Fix You

Just to follow up, it seems my problem has gone away.

Even though I've 4GB RAM, I Ready Boost-ed w/ a 2GB USB drive just to see and I haven't had a problem with:

a) Diablo II
          b) Stalker: Chernobyl

Stalker also crashed a couple times in game. I think its a VISTA!/memory/stability issue.

And heat too. It is summer here in the Mediterranean and I am w/o my notebook cooler so, I must use the laptop a little less.

Comment

Working...
          X