• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WebCam on 2092? Need to enable somehow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WebCam on 2092? Need to enable somehow

Just got this new 2092, great machine. I am running vista 64 bit and it sees the USB camera device under my device manager. However, no apps seem to see it. Any suggestions?

Thanks kindly,

Steve

I would recommend contacting technical support at 1-(800) 741-2219 (9AM - 5PM PST) for help with the webcam

Comment

Hmm, thats weird, my camera worked right out of the box.

Even when I uninstalled Vista 64-bit and installed Vista 32-bit, My camera worked without having to install any drivers.

Comment

I,m having the same issue. The cam is listed in the device properties page but there seems to be no software associated with the cam. Could it be a driver/application installation problem? I have an entry on the start menu shwoign "USB Cam". However it dose not launch any programs nor does it link to any executables.

Otherwise the machine is fine.

I sent a note to support but have not heard back. How long do they usually take to respond?

Comment

I would recommend calling technical support at 1-(800) 741-2219 (9AM - 5PM PST) for help with the webcam

Comment

Working...
          X