• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FORCE 3298 v2 won't boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORCE 3298 v2 won't boot

I recently purchased a barebones FORCE 3298 v2. It has been simply amazing the past few weeks and has been the best laptop I have used so far.

The problem I have just only recently came up. I went to boot up the laptop after work and the blue power LED would light up for a few seconds, then shut off - no fans would span and the screen would not come on. I attempted again (with battery only, with AC adapter only, with both), but had no luck. Due to the recent heat-wave in New York (where I currently am), I figured it might be overheating and applied a bit of Arctic Silver 5 in place of the OEM thermal paste. After this, the machine booted up fine (even was able to watch a movie).

The next day, I went to power my laptop on again after work and i hit the same problem: the power LED would light up for a few seconds and then shut off. I attempted a few more times (with battery only, with AC adapter only, with both), but no luck again. I opened the case to check all of the parts and they all seemingly were perfectly fine.

This brings me to my current situation: I called up XoticPC and they are almost set to do a warranty/RMA to send me a replacement. An idea I had, though, was that the AC adapter was busted or such (although the light on the AC Adapter does turn on) - basically, that that battery is low/dead and the AC adapter is busted and not providing enough power, thus the laptop doesn't have enough power to boot. The other idea I have of what is going wrong is that the motherboard or power converter is busted.

Just curious if anyone else has ever had a problem like this or if anyone has any possible ideas/solutions before I ship it back for a repair/replacement.

Thanks for any help!
Working...
X