• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Critical issue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critical issue!

For the past week or so I've been having an issue with my screen tearing, srambling and stretching every once in a while for only a brief second at a time. It has been annoying but nothing major. Then it started locking up my games (lagging them to death then putting them into 'Not responding').

Now it's gotten worse. I cant seem to run a game for a long period of time (about 2 hrs or so) without getting a BSOD about "Memory_Manager" 0000001a something. It has been driving me crazy!

I've got the latest CLEVO drivers for my dual 8700 GTs from LaptopVideo2Go and have done nothing with the hardware of my laptop. I have the latest windows updates for Vista Ultimate 64bit. I run 4GB RAM, 2x 160GB SATA RAID 0 Stripped mode hard drives.

What can I do?

Also, outside of games, this isn't an issue.

Comment

reinstall windows, using the driver from sagernotebooks.com

Comment

Originally posted by danny_christ View Post
        reinstall windows, using the driver from sagernotebooks.com
        I'd like to do that, however im unsure how to deal with the RAID hard drives. I've never messed with these new sata drives (only experience with old IDE) so i dont wanna mess something up heh

Comment

thats ez. you need to press ctl + I to get into the raid matrix set up i believe. i did it a while bk on this one. if i remember correctly install windows first then press those keys on the next boot up. its pretty self explanitory on the instructions once you are in it. if ya hv probs, let me know and i will see what i can do. laterz....
          Sager np9262: 17" 1920x1200wuxga, E6850 Core2duo 3.0ghz 1.3ghz fsb 4mb L2 cache, 4Gb 800mhz ram, 1x nvidia geforce 8800mgtx 512mb gpu, 3x100gb hdd 7200rpm, Raid 0, vista ultimate x64 os, tv tuner, x-fi 7.1 sound card, triple fan cooler, 3Dmark06 9745

Comment

Originally posted by bargegod View Post
            thats ez. you need to press ctl + I to get into the raid matrix set up i believe. i did it a while bk on this one. if i remember correctly install windows first then press those keys on the next boot up. its pretty self explanitory on the instructions once you are in it. if ya hv probs, let me know and i will see what i can do. laterz....

Okay then. I installed the drivers from Sager's website and that (so far) has thwarted the BSOD. However I still get the screen splitting and scrambling. So tonight I will be backing up my files and reinstalling windows. I also checked the ctrl+I thing last time I booted and you were right, that's how ya do it. I just hope its as simple as pressing enter on the 'make raid' option.

Comment

Also, it appears that I must set raid prior to installing the OS. In which case, would I not have to wipe the hard drive? How would I go about doing so without a floppy disk drive?

Comment

When you install windows, it will automatically format the hard drives after creating a NTFS partition. Another thing to point out is unless your raid is having issues there really isn't a reason to erase the raid setup and recreate it.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  When you install windows, it will automatically format the hard drives after creating a NTFS partition. Another thing to point out is unless your raid is having issues there really isn't a reason to erase the raid setup and recreate it.
                  Well, I formatted and reinstalled Vista Ultimate 64bit.

Two things.

(1) I was never asked for my Vista CD key.

(2) When I put my DVD-RW discs in the drive, nothing happens. On the 'My Computer' screen it just shows a 'loading' green bar at the top, then after a while im able to click the DVD rom and check it out, but the DVDs show as blank (when they clearly have data on them). Please, I need to get my important documents back for University

Comment

I would contact tech support at 1-(800) 741-2219 (9AM - 5PM PST) OR 1-(877) 645-9312 (24/7 Domestic Tech Support) for further help

Comment

when i did mine, it never asked me for the key either.
                      also, did you change your booting options in the BIOS to boot from the dvd drive as the first choice? that may be your problem when re-installing windows. let me know ok. laterz....
                      Sager np9262: 17" 1920x1200wuxga, E6850 Core2duo 3.0ghz 1.3ghz fsb 4mb L2 cache, 4Gb 800mhz ram, 1x nvidia geforce 8800mgtx 512mb gpu, 3x100gb hdd 7200rpm, Raid 0, vista ultimate x64 os, tv tuner, x-fi 7.1 sound card, triple fan cooler, 3Dmark06 9745

Comment

Originally posted by bargegod View Post
                        when i did mine, it never asked me for the key either.
                        also, did you change your booting options in the BIOS to boot from the dvd drive as the first choice? that may be your problem when re-installing windows. let me know ok. laterz....
                        It installed fine, but for some reason it doesnt give me Service Pack 1 on Windows Update.

Also, my screen still flickers and tears on occasion, no BSODs though.

Comment

Another thing you can check is the monitor connector cable to make sure it is still securely fastened in placed. If this is loose it will cause issues with your display.

Comment

keep trying to update. it'll pop up eventually
                            start, rt click on computer, lft click properties. look at top...still doesnt say u hv service pk 1?
                            Last edited by bargegod; 06-22-2008, 06:29 AM. Reason: goofed

Comment

If you used the Vista recovery disk that came with your laptop it shouldn't ask you for a key because the DVD is an OEM version of the Windows installer, so it already has the cd key in the installer so it doesn't have to prompt for a cd key to work.
                              I have XP and I've had to reinstall once and it didn't ask for a cd key for me either, so I have to assume that's why the disks don't ask for a cd key.

EDIT:
                              Ya, I just looked at my CD key for XP and inside of the key it says OEM in it, so that is why it doesn't require a cd key.

Comment

Working...
                              X