• Welcome to XOTIC PC Forums! If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your first steps after buying a new computer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your first steps after buying a new computer?

What are the first programs and software that you apply to your computer before anything else? Computer protection? Games? Performance? Or any other type of program? Preferably free but also any important paid for ones.

MSE http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...tials-download

Don't use McAfee it's junk.

If you are using Windows 7 or 8 they do not need any performance or optimization programs
    Sager NP9170 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit | Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz | 12.00 GB Ram | (1) M4 256 GB SSD (2) 500 GB 7200 RPM | (1) Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M |

Comment

Reinstall Windows!
      Travis B
      travis.b@xoticpc.com
      Customer Loyalty Team
      XOTIC PC

Comment

once i have windows settings to my liking i and my anti virals and anti phishings and all that running i let windows patch up, i install steam and copy over my games (internet sucks in north dakota, takes a week too download a terrabyte so youre better off copying stuff like steam game files over) and then i commence with the marathon gaming sessions!
        *THE BEAST MARK 2*
        Sager NP9570 / Clevo P570WM 120 HZ MATTE 17.3 inch full hd 1080p
        i7-3970X Extreme, 3.5-4.0GHz 15MB L3 smart cache - 6 cores / 12 threads
        16 gigs DDR3 1600 MHZ QUAD CHANNEL ram
        SLI (2x) - NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ GTX 780M (8,192MB) PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11
        win 8
        intel ultimate N
        6x blu ray/8x burner
        2x512 gig SAMSUNG 840 PROdrives 540 READ 520 WRITE, 750 GB PLATTER FOR BACKUP
        phase 1: 6-12-13 order placed
        phase 2: 6-14-13 yay!
        phase 3: 6-24-13
        phase 4: 7-02-13 shipped!

Comment

Install Linux any Distro you choose and enjoy the crack

Install on another partition, win7 or win8 or win whatever you want and play your base games that linux can not wine box or have native support for

(i use win7 for lightroom and thats it)

haha North Dakota and Verizon wooo bring it on verizon try to say im a bad customer you see so much money from me :/

(ya rural living with no hope of having fiber or even dsl to the home suckkkkkssss)

Comment

thanks for your informative post....i hope it'll be very initiative for every of your reader

Comment

I really love what you wrote, great tips. A lot fall in line with things that I have done and I learned some very helpful new information and tips.
              PC Richards

Comment

Thanks for the tips, its really useful tips for me. Thanks again for sharing ...
                | Buy Hydrocodone Online | Buy Percocet Online | Buy Xanax Online | Buy Vicodin ES Online | Buy Phentermine Online | Buy Ritalin Online | Buy Valium Online | Buy Codeine Online | Buy Adderall Online |

Comment

You need check it again such as: System parameters, screen parameters, sound card parameters.. and more .
                  Save Up to 7% Off https://domainhostcoupon.com/stores/crucial-com-au

Comment

Windows 7 + Latest Driver Date! = best performance

Comment

You need to know what will you do with that

Comment

Working...
                      X